Grabbed these palettes that someone was throwing away with a project in mind.
It took quite a bit of work to figure out the best way to take them apart, but once that was done I was ready to go.
These smaller pieces, that I cut down with my chop saw, were the only material that I had to buy for this project. Total cost: $2.00
A bunch of screws later and …Tada! Palette wood flower box, now just time to put them out front and load them up with beautiful plants.
*A special thanks to Becky and Scott for dropping the palettes off for me ^_^.
*Last week I spent my sunday at the Philadelphia International Flower Show, collecting beautiful images of floral displays, rare orchids, and (my favorites) terrariums and succulents. I also took home a few air plants for myself and found a very unique way to use them in my house.
But first enjoy all the beautiful plants…
There were so many orchids it was a bit overwhelming, each one was so unique and beautiful!
That’s an entire wall of lettuce!
I loved this itty bitty flower, I think I felt that I could relate to it ^_^
Terrariums… love em
There was a bonsai tree there that was over 80 years old…
*Now onto the project. So I brought these beautiful air plants home from the flower show and after being inspired by all of the amazing displays, I felt they deserved a unique home.
Once again I set off to the Philadelphia Indoor Flea Market (it never fails me) and I found these two antique wooden wire stretchers. Originally used by furniture makers to get the right tension on their springs and wires, I thought they would make perfect little floating frames to have my air plants grow out of, while staying true to our rustic, industrial aesthetic.
I also purchased these white ceramic hanging pods, from Ikea, to house the rest of my plants and finish out the vinyet. I think they look great and help to bounce around the white elements in our room more evenly. The glass orb was purchased at the flower show, which I highly recommend everyone check out next year.